Hi,

I am behind so you may already have your answer but hear it goes.

As for an accessible receiver, I don't think you will find one as
advanced as the one you are needing which will be accessible. The
answer, however, is an accessible remote.

Do research on the logitech harmony remote
Toll Free Support USA & Canada
1-866 291-1505

I have one and love it. I did have to get a sighted person to help
program it but now I can with a choice of several buttons which are
macro driven; turn on the A/V receiver, DVD player, HD LCD TV. Or,
turn on the A/V receiver and DVD player for music. Or, turn on the
A/V receiver, VCR and HD LCD TV.

Also the correct inputs are automatic chosen for each device.

BTW, My DVD player can play SACD or DVD-A  discs, so I have one
button which turns on the A/V receiver, the DVD player and selects 6
channel out put.

Killer set up.

.

At 08:13 AM 10/14/2006 -0700, you wrote:

>Hi Folks,
>
>This is Tim Ford, with a bit of an off topic request, but I do not
>know where else to start.  If deemed off topic by our trusty list
>moderator, then please send any responses to me at the following address:
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>I need to buy a new stereo receiver, and have no idea how to find
>the models that will be more useable to a totally blind person.  I
>would like to buy over the Internet if possible, because I live a
>long way from any good sized store that would have much selection,
>and the accessibility part is something that I would not expect the
>average stereo shop employee to know about.
>
>I am not in need of total accessibility, since this receiver will be
>for the general family use.  I would want to be able to select the
>inputs, volume, change channels on the radio, and that's about
>it.  The unit will need to have a fair amount of inputs, since
>hooked onto this receiver will be two tape decks, a separate DVD
>player, and the output from the TV goes through it.  I also have
>three separate sets of speakers hooked up, and would like to be able
>to play at least two of those speaker sets simultaneously.  I do not
>need to play it super loud, but I would want decent power.
>
>So how do I go about identifying which units out there would allow
>me to operate the basic commands?    Any assistance would be greatly
>appreciated.

>To listen to the show archives go to link
>  http://acbradio.org/handyman.html
>or
>ftp://ftp.acbradio.org/acbradio-archives/handyman/
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Blind Handy Man Show is.
>http://www.acbradio.org/news/xml/podcast.php?pgm=saturday
>
>The Pod Cast address for the Cooking In The Dark Show is.
>http://www.gcast.com/u/cookingindark/main.xml
>
>Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions
> From Various List Members At The Following Address:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/handyman/
>Visit the new archives page at the following address
>http://www.mail-archive.com/blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com/
>For a complete list of email commands pertaining to the Blind Handy
>Man list just send a blank message to:
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>--
>

>--

Thanks.

Kevin Doucet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

confuse as says

Blind man with unmarked forehead has large belly!

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: