Hi All,

If I can weigh in here for a minute.

I thought Mickey's post was done well, and I didn't think there was anything
wrong with it.

I just don't think that Mickey was necessarily thinking about the over 200
members on the list, and the fact that some of them, whether it be a small
portion or large portion of our members, have usable sight, such as Don Shaw,
or Boop, and for a time, before I went completely dark, I had some usable
vision, as well, so Ray's posts do have merit, whether they be from a blind or
sighted perspective.

There have been many different opinions on this subject, some agreed with
Mickey, and some did not, in any case, it is not up to a regular member on the
list to decide where the list goes, it is up to the list owner and moderator.

If you have problems with how the list is being run, or the direction that it
is taking, feel free to write the owner or moderator.  I mean, Jesus, there
are, I think, something like four or five moderators, and I'm sure you get
along with, at least, one of them.

Another point is that these problems should be discussed off-list, not on list.

When the necessary changes are to be implemented, and or if the owner and
moderators feel that a consensus is needed from list members, then the subject
should be broached on-list, otherwise, comments on list practises and
allowances should be kept off-list.

Lastly, there is one suggestion I would have for Ray, and that is, he should
include the original website address with his posts, this serves two purposes...

First, it allows the reader to check it's legitimacy, and accuracy, and allows
for added ability of the reader to add the website to their favourites list.

Secondly, it allows for the reader to go onto the website and check out if
there's more stuff the reader might want to glean from it.

I know of such posts that Ray has submitted where the information was, in a way
what I was looking for, but had just the right amount off as to be useless to
me, however, I wanted to go to the website to see if there might have been an
addendum to the article that would've included that subtle difference that
would have adapted the article to suit me.

In any case, these suggestions have allowed the groups that I moderate to work
alright, and I offer these ideas as suggestions for possible application.

Victor Gouveia

Visit The New Blind Handy Man Files Page To Review Contributions From Various
List Members At The Following Address: