hi phil heres what i do.
just open the door
put the machine in play
get some alchoal on your finger tip
put your finger in the door feel the head and rub all over it.
  get some more alchoal on your finger and hold  it on the rubber wheel and
the capstan as it spins.
don't worry about the oil on your finger as the alchoal will clean that too.

dry your finger then rub around the head again and let the wheel spin on
your finger some more and that will dry that off.
then your good to go.
and no cotten gets in the works.
jim
At 03:41 AM 1/14/2007, you wrote:

>I think I ask this some time ago but never got a satisfactory answer so,
>here we go again.
>We all have a player from our cooperating library service, or have seen
>such a player. My question concerns the cleaning of the heads and that dam
>door. If one could get it to go up another couple of inches you could get
>to the heads and properly give them an alcohol bath. Maybe in the next
>five or ten years we won't be using that player but for now it is a problem.
>
>All suggestions will be appreciated, Phil Parr.

>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>5:40 PM

PM