From: "Dale Leavens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 12:12 AM
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] grizzly miter gauge

Sounds decent but it is not the largest obviously. A nice heavy fence though
by the sound of it.

You might like to remember to check for stops or detents at 45 left and
right at least and generally the longer the bar in the table slot the better
you will find it's accuracy.

Many miter fences have available attachments which can serve as stops which
stick out on the end away from the blade, they attach in a variety of ways,
often using a set screw. These extensions can be very useful but although
the fences have this capability I rarely see the attachments. If you think
you will want to make multiple parts identical then you may wish to buy the
extensions while you are at it. be sure they come with the appropriate
fixing screws, getting the right ones can be difficult. I don't have any
extensions and before I had my miter saw ai often wished I did.

I have also often found the screw holes in my fence useful for attaching an
additional jig or fence to the face of my miter fence. Look for them, you
will be glad they are there if they are there as drilling your own can be
tough.

This will probably turn out to be much superior to the gauge that came with
your saw.

Just a few thoughts.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]