Dale,

Yeah, it's just that what goes through my head is often a lot more than I
feel like writing down.  I understand that PEX can be laid down nice and
easy in one continuous flow but you can't make sharp bends so I figure you
can only get two rows into each joist bay, just a guess.  Whereas, Copper
could, in theory, be joined with tighter turns and you could get a lot
more rows into each joist bay.  That is what was going through my head.
That and the thought that if I said would I need to lay down seven rows of
PEX in each joist bay someone would have told me that you can't make it
turn that tight and you would never get that many S folds in 14 inches,
alright alright, 14.5 inches. *GRIN*

The real question is how many is enough?  One per bay?  Seven per bay?

There is some set of calculations out there that deals with the water
temperature, the heat conductivity of the floor above the tubing, the size
of the room, the flow rate of the hot water through the pipes, and a guess
at the heat loss from the room, which is a whole different set of
calculations.  I'm just being lazy and don't feel like digging through 20
year old tests and homework assignments to teach myself all that stuff
again.  *GRIN*

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi