You don't have enough moisture in the air.  A humidifier will help.  Preferably
a hole house humidifier.  They make them that install in the plenum of your
forced air furnace.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 04:45
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] static

  Hi,
  Dale mentioned there's been alot of static around here lately.
  Here too.
  What's up with that?
  I would love to know what causes a rise in static.
  We have a new furnace, andit is certainly more efficient, and things are
  dry. Dale, Max, Ray, Dan, anyone? Explain why we are getting shocks off of
  things and the clothes literally crackle upn removal.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/86xolB/TM