I put regular shingles on the lawnmower house we, Sue and I, built several
years ago.  She is afraid of heights so I did the roof without any help
except for cutting the last shingle in the row, which she did on the ground.
I cut a length of wood from a scrap piece of siding and used it to measure
the position of each end of each shingle.  The rows are perfectly straight
and each shingle is straight.  Just be sure not to lose the stick part way
through the job.

Just in case that wasn't completely clear, the stick measured the distance
from the top of the previous row to the top of the shingle being installed.
You would expect cumulative error in something like that but if the error on
each shingle is random the row will remain straight.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O D S.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Transistor site http://www.funwithtransistors.net