  From: William Stephan
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 12:16 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] water heater question

  Dale:
  I have a furnace with an electronic ignition, and a hot water heater with a
standing pilot. The hot water heater is about six years old.

  I'm sort of conflicted about the wisdom of buying an electronically ignited
unit when I have to replace this one, because the old standing pilot unit
doesn't need electricity to operate.

  We sometimes get serious ice storms and power outages in Winter, and I like
the idea of at least having hot water.

  Bill Stephan
  Kansas City, MO
  (816)803-2469