Hi,

Wow! this sounds too cool!

I live in Talladega Alabama a city which is known for racing. We also
have the institute for the blind which attracks many blind people. We
have all we need to do something like this, already in place.

I want to talke with you and see how we may starte something like
this here in Alabama.

Vroom, vroooooom!

At 01:53 PM 6/3/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>This " Eyerock500 race . was originally started some 6 or 7 years ago
>here in New york because there was a need for funds to maintain a
>summer camp program for students who are blind, blind deaf and deaf
>blind. Doctor Lauren Liberman who runs the program at a New York State
>University in Brockport , NY had called a local disc jockey Wolf Man Bob
>from WPYX radio station to ask his help. with the ideas bouncing
>quickly back from the listening audience someone said . lets get some
>blind folks on the race track. I do not know but can find out next week
>who got the first race track involved. Fonda Speedway which I think is a
>half mile dirt track. all flat. We used that track for six years running
>but last year had to cancel two times because of rain and flooding.
>Now for requirements which gets a bit touchy. the only requirement is
>that one be blind totally or legally. that brings a stir from some of
>the drivers because of those having some sight may be able to drive
>better. to me it does not make a crap. I just want the thrill of the
>crashing fenders and the smell of gass and oil burning. each year they
>say they will ask all drivers to wear a blind fold but maybe this year.
>the second requirement is that you need to someone buy or borrow a
>regular racing outfit . one or two piece as well as a safety helment
>and gloves. . Now, if possible it is asked that one get a $500 sponsor.
>however some drivers just show up and that is accepted too. the whole
>concept is for us to have fun but the more money that we raise the more
>kids who can go to this summer camp. let me stop for a minute and
>explain the camp. it is actually kids / students living in dorms which
>during the college year would normally be filled by other students.
>Most cars that will race are donated by individuals, garages and
>salvage yards.. a driver is matched up with a donated car by a lotto
>drawing and if you want once the car is selected you may ask to check
>the car out with or without tools. there is not a lot of time to do
>this. so if you really want a car to work on then you can do like I
>will do this year and that is to find a car now, for next years race.
>each car must be a four cylinder and for the first time all cars must be
>automatic , however I have driven three and four speed stick shifts
>on these tracks in prior races. what a blast running a Ford Escort at
>62 or 64 miles per hour in second gear. remember that song about the
>little nash rambler passing the Caddilac in second gear?? the only
>requirement I forgot to mention is that these cars run. some of them die
>out in the first lap or do not get passed the starting line. some guy
>three years ago could have won the race but apparently he ran out of
>gas on the last lap. what am I forgetting. Oh there must be two front
>seats as there must be a sighted co driver. usually but not always a
>driver who is familar with that race track. prior to the race we have
> [...]

Thanks.

Kevin Doucet
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

confuse as says

Blind man with unmarked forehead has large belly!