  From: Jennifer Jackson
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2007 5:57 AM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] flooring question

  I didn't really make it clear in that last post, but I am hoping for some
comments on what kind of, if any, flooring works for someone who is blind? Both
in terms of mobility and maintenance. I know my preference is for hard surfaces
with occasional throw rugs as landmarks. Though I do not know if this has
anything to do with my blindness, as this is the kind of look that appealed to
me as a sighted person too. Though then the area carpet was more for aesthetics.

  Jennifer