Roger,

You are grinding the frame?????

Dude!!! You will be using a whole life-time supply of high
build primer filler to get that puppy perfectly smooth and
ready for paint.
When I did the El Camino I used a variety of wire brushes on
a couple of different air grinders to get into those tight
spots.

Following is the process I used.

1. Thoroughly and I mean thoroughly pressure wash using a
non-petroleum detergent.

2. Wire brush all of the surfaces to remove any rust or
debris.

3. Sand with 60 grit and again with 100 grit disks. (Eastman
makes some really nice ones that are held on a rubberized
wheel with a self adhesive that is on the back of the
sanding disk.)

4. Now is the time to weld up any of those pesky holes that
the factory drilled to mount shit you don't have.

5. Very-very carefully grind off the welds and sand as
necessary.

6. If you are looking for a show car finish hit the frame
with Scotch-Bright pads.

You are now ready to prime and paint.

I did the El Camino in Titanium white so that it would
showcase all of the custom stainless steel work under the
car.

I have entered it in several local show and shine events and
it has never finished lower than third place. The only cars
to beat it have been trailer queens.

Regards

Larry Stansifer

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Sun Tzu.