Hi All,
Well, I just got yelled at because of excessive saw dust. I have a2hp dust
collection system with a 4" hose under the table saw blade. Although far from
perfect it usually does a good job getting the saw dust. Yesterday I was using
a cross cut sled. Since the stock is now above the table most of the saw dust
went across the table as opposed to following the blade down to where the
vacuum would get it.
Since there is very little room around the blade for the vacuum to work it
really made a mess.
After I was scolded, I removed the throat plate from around the blade.  Now
there is about a 3"x14" hole around the blade. Again using the sled about 80 or
90% of the dust ended in the collector.

Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/