Hi all -

There's been some talk on this list recently about homes and house buying. I
live in the UK, and in and around my town, new build and property conversions
jobs are going on wherever possible. I've viewed some of these properties, and
although the law  requiring improved sound proofing is now more demanding, I
find the use of MDF to create interior walls between even bedrooms, a complete
no no! I wondered what kind of standard there is in the US, and if it varies
from state to state etc, for sound proofing, and making as private as possible,
apartment blocks; I guess I'm thinking of the larger cities where we tend to
see lots of very high blocks. If anybody is living in these tower blocks over
there, then I'd love to hear what they think about their construction. Here in
the UK, sturdy well built properties ten to be those built before 1960, after
that, new materials came in to play, and some of the solidness of the build got
lost.

Looking forward to any comments or observations.

- Andy