First of all, if this project has to be inspected, it matters not what I, you
or anyone else on this list suggests.  The only thing you can do is go by what
the government appointed  inspector tells you what has to be. In most cases,
this little piss head is some recently college grad that knows absolutely
nothing about the real world and goes only by what he read in a book, written
by another piss head that never hammered a nail, let alone built anything.

That being said:  If you can do this without inspections,  your plan should
work.

A couple of observations/suggestions I have for you are:  Instead of using a 4
inch by 24 foot ledger bolted to the outside wall, you would be better off
building this out of 2 inch by 8 inch what ever it takes to span the 24 foot,
bolting it securely to the wall, then putting another layer of 2 bys on top of
it, staggering the seems to complete the ledger. (the less distance the bolts
stick out from the block wall the better).

I also would go with 16 inch centers on the joysts, giving you more stability
and load capacity,  (you never know what you might store up there) if you are
like me.

For the beam,  I would also build it out of 2inch by 8 inch , staggering the
seems. This should be strong enough to skin a deer on, but I wouldn't want to
pull an engine on it.

For the supports, I would use 3 inch pipe with a flange on it to place beneath
the beam. and I surely wouldn't dig down 4 feet.  Being inside the garage,
there should be no frost, so I would only go down a couple of feet and cement
them in.

Good luck! :)