Hi,
My electrical math is shallow.
But I thought, that volt times amp will give you a number equalling the
amount of watts that one can pull from a circuit.
A standard 117v at 15A is 1750 (1755 to be exact)
I thought this came up while we were discussing how a (rounded off) 120v
device can't give the HP that some units claim. So you guys figured  that
it must be momentary, to start, or burst HP, or hype in some of those
claims.

So wattage vs VA:
In heavy duty power back up for heavy amplifiers one unit quoted
900w/1500VA for 7.5 mins total.
But shouldn't the wattage and the VA be the same?
If not, wy?
We are going overboard, but have been known to lose up to 3 mins in the
start up needed by the AC units.
It's not our building, the need a new bigger service.
So we are just getting back up o\power supply.
What's the real math, is this right?

Thanks