A few weeks ago I commented that I planned to get a full face shield.  Well,
I got one.  Just because we are blind doesn't mean we should neglect to
protect our eyes.  Eye injuries are quite painful, can land you in the
hospital, and cost you bunches of money.  Some of us do have a small amount
of vision which is all the more precious for being so small.  Protective
goggles can be physically uncomfortable and hot.  They also tend to fog up
which is a decided inconvenience to the partially sighted.  A face shield
has none of these drawbacks.  I picked one up for a few dollars at Ace
hardware.  It has the adjustable around the head and over the head straps
like a welder's helmet.  I have used it while drilling with a wood bit which
tends to make a lot of chips fly.  It protected my mouth and nose as well as
my eyes and was a lot more comfortable.  It showed no tendency to fog up.
Sue used it today while running the jig saw and said she liked it better
than goggles.  We may wind up with his and hers face shields.  Oh, and one
more thing.  When you talk to yourself, it reflects the sound back and you
can hear yourself much better.  Grin.

Regards.

Max.  K 4 O D S.

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]