david,
If you want to get really close, as in with a few cents of a
pitch, the only thing I know of is an actual piano tuning machine
called
Verituner
http://www.verituner.com
This has been made fairly accessible in its ability to tune a
piano quickly and accurately and, i think, can give you a very
accurate pitch readout.  but you gotta really need one as I think
it costs over fifteen hundred bucks.

The frequency readout on the talking meters isn't anything close
enough to even get you within a half step of a pitch,it's
probably 50 cycles plus or minus at a:440.

there may well be computer software that will do the job, hope
Jay williams knows of what's current and accessible.

tom Fowle

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered