  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:23 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] sewer problem fixed (for now)

  Hi Shane,

  If I understand your description correctly could there be a 'T' where the
drain from the laundry meets the drain from the bathrooms then passes under the
kitchen picking that up on the way out the back? This might explain why the
kitchen and the laundry are working when the toilets go out.

  You wouldn't want to excavate under the slab. I only suggested that the sewer
line might have a dip in it because the blockage is well under the house so to
me it is unlikely to be roots. A low spot will collect solids and even a flush
passing through might, at best float some for a while then allow it to resettle
perhaps with a bit more sediment added. Finding it though would be tough. One
always assumes that the pipe is laid on a firm base but this is not guaranteed
and a load of wet cement over a part of it sitting on soft or loose ground
might well cause it to sag a little.

  I don't envy your situation at all. You may be able to snake it out by hand,
that is not a nice job and I don't know that snaking as prevention is
particularly useful, it could be but I am doubtful.

  Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Skype DaleLeavens