From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tom Fowle
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 23:41
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] multiple light switches, replacing.

Hi folks:
In our bathroom, 1960s cheapie duplex, we have a three switch
setup that controls light, fan and overhead heater.

these are three on/off toggles in a single size electric box.

the switch for the light is getting flakey such that the light
isn't always on steadilly and even produces some sparking noises
in close A.M. radios.

We tried hitting it with electrical contact cleaner and it helped
some, but it's hard to get any in the switch.

Asked at a good local ACE hardware store and they said these are
single units with three switches installed.

I thought I'd seen single replacement switches for such units
that would snap into a metal frame which would screw into the box
like any usual fitting.

The only unit the ACE store had was a fifteen dollar rocker
switch set that needed a two dollar cover plate. Too expensive
for just one flakey switch replacement.

does anybody know if these three in one switch sets are usually a
single unit or if my memory of a replacement inndividual switch
might be correct?

Again, these three switches are all on the same frame that
installs with 2 screws in a single sized box. It isn't a wide
box with three individual standard switches.

Any ideas appreciated.

thanks
tom Fowle

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered