Ray, a good rule of thumb  for installing a fence along property lines
is to do a set back of  one foot from your property line. that way one
would have that one foot for painting and other purposes. the neighbor
you have now might be fine but the new  neighbor  down the road might be
like a couple I have. for some reason around here it is not legal to
install land mines just along the fence line but time will tell. then I
think of our conversation Ray when you told me about the kangeroos
looking over top of the stockade fence. I bet those critters are better
looking then the  neighbor I have to the South. currently I am looking
for a box canyon  purchase in the State of Montana or maybe Costa Rico.
Meanwhile  the money you put  into your fence project and how you take
care of it will depend on how long that fence will last. Lee

--
You never learn anything by doing it right.