I made a jig for biscuit cutting. I took a scrap board 1 1/2" W and about 40"
L. Starting from about 2" from one end I drilled a hole that will accept a 4
penny finishing nail about every 1/2". On the end where I started drilling I
added a 6" x 1 1/2" end making a T square.  this T square end is 3/8" above and
below the long piece.
 By sliding in 4 penny finishing nails I have a very tactile marking system.
When the biscuits are cut on one side of the joint just flip the jig over on
the other board and they are perfect aligned. I plan to have my wife put high
marks on the biscuit joiner to make it easier for me to feel and align.
Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/