Well the phone dilemma is solved. The situation where my mother could not
unlock her door because her new big button cordless phone would not produce a
continuous tone that is required. I am not a Radio Shack fan but I located two
large button corded phones that work. These phones even have memory capability.
I placed one next to the chair where she sits to watch TV and the other in her
bedroom. She keeps the cordless in her walker for when she is in the kitchen or
at her dining table.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Lenny http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/