________________________________

        From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tom Fowle
        Sent: Friday, October 05, 2007 7:07 AM
        To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [BlindHandyMan] speech chip update

        Just FYI, I've been in touch with folks at local epson sales
office.
        they are just comming out with what amounts to a dec talk on a
single
        chip for about $10.00. Only minor problem is it is in a very
strange
        package so we'll have to see how we can make it possible for
small
        manufacturers and individuals to work with it. They are going to
be selling
        them through a known supplier in small quantities, unlike some
big companies
        who will only sell you thousands.

        This looks most promising. We'll be getting a demo
        and access to an engineer in the next few weeks.

        I'll report back when I know more.

        If this works out, when yo ask companies to make there stuff
talk you will
        be able to give them a part number. with speech synthesis
available for ten
        bucks, fancy pre-recorded digitized speech will be a
        thing of the past, except for talking books of course.

        This can't be me, I'm actually sounding optomistic, something
will go wrong.

        Tom

This message and its attachments may contain legally
privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the
information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the e-mail.

Any content of this message and its attachments which
does not relate to the official business of Eraring Energy
must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by
Eraring Energy. No warranty is made that the e-mail or
attachment(s) are free from computer virus or other defect.