Hi Lenny,

I have some rust remover I bought from thesawshop.com last winter, it is a mild
acid so needs to be used with a little caution. You mist the surface then wipe
it away fairly rapidly, it sort of fogs the surface but if left too long it
also produces corrosion.

Light oil and fine wet/dry sand paper or pumice work too.

I like to use a little of that car polish with rubbing compound in it to get a
real shiny surface and when all wiped down I apply a layer of good old
furniture wax and when dry buff it off for a smooth and slippery surface. I
don't probably wax things as much as I should but you will find that it
protects the surface from those drips. Often I get a little glue around on the
saw table as I use it sometimes for working off of and that too will cause rust
spots but with wax it just jumps off when hit and the wax is way more easily
renewed than removing rust.

By the way, you can get foam insulator split tubes to go over those pipes and
keep air from contacting them and condensing moisture to fall on your
equipment. A strip of tape at intervals will close up the split well enough so
even that bit doesn't come into contact with the air.

Oh yes, be careful of those rust removers around carbide tipped blades. Some of
the solder used to sweat the carbide to the steel may be adversely effected by
either acid or strong alkaline products like oven cleaner. You don't want a
tooth coming off a blade at those speeds. Apparently it can happen depending on
the sort of solder.

Cleaning blades, another job I don't do often enough.

Dale Leavens, Cochrane Ontario Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Skype DaleLeavens