Dear list members:
    I am running windows XP home edition on my home computer with JFW 8.  I use
outlook express as my e-mail program.  For reasons I don't
 understand, e-mail which is in my  "in box"  will disappear without a trace.
It does not go to my deleted messages file, nor to the recycle bin.  It simply
evaporates.  I had received an e-mail from a company from which I had purchased
a two year subscription to an anti-virus program, which message contained
information which was necessary  for the downloading of the program.  Needless
to say, I was miffed at the loss of this message.
    If any of you have had similar experiences, I would be most pleased to hear
from you as to any fix you may have found for the problem.
    I usually try and save an important message in an appropriate folder, but
this time, the message escaped before I got around to storing it.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated.  The sledge hammer approach has
already occurred to me, so don't bother with that one.

                Yours Truly,

                Clifford Wilson