  From: Ron Yearns
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:01 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] got gas

  Some others on the list have tried to talk you out doint this job. My thought
is how do y ou get the experience unless you do some of the work? Have you done
any plumbing work with threaded fittings to contain water pressure? Water is 50
plus p s i. Gas is in ounces of pressure. If you have done plumbing work you
have a couple of pipe wrenches. Pretty difficult to turn pipe tight without
them. Good tight fittings will prevent leaks. About the best cheap leak
detector is your nose after you have been outside for at least ten minutes and
sniff close to the fittings. Sighted people use soap bubbles, pretty crude. To
do it professionaly buy a gas leak detectory form a H V A C supply house. Pipe
dope is a must. I mess the tape up too easy. Buy the closest lengths of pipe
already threaded and finish with the flexible steel line to the final hookup
right after the shut off valve. Hopefully look at the hot water heater and see
if there is a drip leg that is the Ron