Craftsman is now 19.2 volts in their drills.  I work for them but still
wouldn't buy one...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gil Laster
  To: Post to Blind Handyman
  Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:16 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Re: cordless tools

  I have an 18-volt Craftsman drill, that was on sale for $80 with 2-batteries
and charger. I have yet to stall it driving 3-inch deck screws except when the
battery is weak. The price was less than replacing 2 batteries for my previous
Ryobi 9.6-volt drill. The Craftsman is now 3-years-old and the batteries
(nickel-cadmium) do not hold much charge anymore. I am watching for another
sale. It is unfortunate that some drills can be made disposable by the cost of
a pair of replacement batteries.

  - Gil Laster
  Charlotte, NC