I do too.  The hardest part for me is determining the size pipe I need.  After
doing a project, I can tell just by looking at a pipe, whether it's a 1/2" 3/4"
1", etc in diameter.  But if I don't do another project for a few weeks/months,
I have to develop that skill all over again.

  Has anyone ever figured out how they determine a pipe diameter by simply
measuring it?  Measuring its inside diameter or its outside diameter have
nothing whatsoever to do with that it is classified as.

  I sometimes think that the scale that they used was based upon wooden or lead
pipe, 150 years ago.  Yes, they did have wood pipes at one time.

  I really feel for plumbers, carpenters or mechanics because invarably you run
into problems that you never expected.