Claudia!  Give a solution of baking soda and white vinegar a try.

        Jewel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Claudia
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 3:15 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Question about Soot?

  Hi Again,

  Here is another question for you all? I light candles, and since my fiancé
  and I are totally blind, I didn't know that there was soot on our ceiling
  and wall, near where I always light my candle!
  How can I clean soot because I'm told that the wall and ceiling, in this
  particular area, look black?

  I'm told there's a thing out there called TSV, or that I could use a wash
  cloth with Scrubbing Bubbles on in, and try scrubbing it off, that way?

  Claudia

  Join either of my groups; the first is for visually-impaired women, while
  the other is for people wishing to discuss homemaking issues.