It is called texture paint, and can be bought at most paint stores.
RJ
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeff Kisecker
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 11:48
  Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] I have a sealer question.

  There is a texture that you can just roll on the walls, you can either have
  a rough texture, or a smooth one. It depends on the roller. This will go
  over old paint, texture or I would think wallpaper. It is like very thick
  paint. We have done it in our house, but I can't think of the name of the
  product right now. We bought it in a two 1/2 gallon container.

  Good luck!