Matt, I'd have to say that it really depends upon what's wrong with
it. I imagine replacing the pickups etc. would not be entirely
impossible provided your handy with a soldering iron. There is a lot
if your talking about all the various pots and pickup selector
switches etc. If you have a real attachment to the instrument and not
sure you want to dig into the gus, you can find a local shop to do the
work or even if your just interested in putting some new electronics
into it. Of course I'd probably muck about with it if I had a spare
instrument, but currently all my basses work and I'm not taking any
apaart at this point.:) Good luck, I am curious if it's not working or
what.

On Feb 15, 2008, at 1:32 PM, Matt wrote:

> Mine is not an old guitar in my opinion.
> It's a Japanese knock off of the fender stradacaster which I bought
> when I was 16 or so and I am now 37, so it's old, but not pre
> plastic or anything ya know?
> hahaha,
> My question is, could I possibley rework it myself?
> Replace wiring and such if necessary, or should I just finally
> invest in a new guitar?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Scott Howell