Hi Jennifer,

I understand what it's like when you need to do something but can't afford
it.

Not sure about where you live, but when a home in Toronto has issues of the
type you're describing, and the owner can't afford to get it repaired, there
are programs available, municipally, provincially or federally that assist
the homeowner with the cost of these repairs.

In some cases it might be a low interest loan or an all out grant, or even a
combination of both.

I would suggest you give the FHA a call, and see if they can help you with
the cost of this, especially since it requires a major repair involving
digging in or around your property.

If that doesn't yield any results, try your state government for such
things, and finally, your municipal or country offices may have programs
which will allow you to take advantage of volunteer services for such
repairs.

Another option you could try is Habitat for Humanity, as they may have a
program or two that might help with the cost or even the repair.

Victor
Co-moderator
Blind Movie Buffs List
Guidedogs List