Laminate will be fine if you do it right and get a good quality.
However, let me suggest ceramic tile. It is very durable, easy to
clean, and looks very nice. We've got 3 larger dogs in here and even
with their slobbering water on the floor, a ten-year-old who at times
slobbers more than the dogs, and folks dropping stuff on it, it's done
perfectly. Of course I don't know to much about installing this since
the previous owners did, but we sure have come to like the stuff.

On Jun 13, 2008, at 8:11 PM, Claudia wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We're thinking about putting in a new kitchen floor. We have a sort
> of tile
> floor, but it's rapidly cracking, corners are breaking off, etc.,
> and I'd
> like to know what types of flooring people put in their kitchens?
> Would laminate be good or not, since it might be prone to scratching?
>
> All suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Claudia
>
> Join either of my groups; the first is for visually-impaired women,
> while
> the other is for people wishing to discuss homemaking issues.
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Scott Howell