Aloha Everyone,
Thanks for all the suggestions for getting the grout off of our
floor. I tried the snow scraper, but I just couldn't seem to have
enough control with it.
My friend also tried the snow scraper, but we both ended up using a
1-1/4 inch putty knife and a hammer. The floor looked kind of like
someone had put braille dots on it. I kept looking for messages, but
found none, grin. I also learned that an oven mit worn on the hand
that did not hold the hammer was a most effective bruise guard.

After it was almost beautiful, we used a combination of PlaniPatch
Plus with PlaniPatch and water. After two thin coats, we were ready
for the installers. They of course told us that we did not have to
put down the PlaniPatch because they had planned to do that. Gosh,
would have been nice if they'd told us. It was very humid here today,
so we had to run big fans to get the bugger to dry before the
installers arrived.

So, the next project is to remove the tack-strip, the rest of the
carpet and pad before the carpet arrives. They told us it would be
about 4 to 6 weeks for "our ship to come in", so we have plenty of
time. I bought a new set of sliders so that I can move all the desks,
file cabinets, cases of braille paper...oh my. Take care and thanks again.
Betsy