Well now you do have a point. However, I can point out one example
where blowing the air up might be more beneficial. If you have your
windows open, the fan in this case will draw air in to the house. What
I do believe is in the end, whatever makes you feel more comfortable
matters. Now one other thought that comes to mind is if you have a
forced air system and depending upon where the vents are located,
might also play a role in which direction would work best.