Folks, might be a silly question to some, but I have a question on
router bits. First let me say I did find my router attachment for my
Rotozip. Ok, it's not perfect, but for the minute it'll do for trying
things out. I've got some sudden expenses so the router purchase is on
hold. However, I did find also a set of Black N Decker bits to play
with I forgot I even had. I tried some of them out on a scrap piece of
wood and found some neat shapes. I also grabbed a couple of good bits
at Home Depot before I realized I had the BND bits. So, I got a OGE, a
Round-Over, and a V bit or I believe that's what it's called. Although
they give me some shapes I'm interested in, I am looking for a
particular bit. On many counter tops you will find the edge is simply
rounded off and what router bit would do that. I'm thinking that the
edge of my desk could use a nicely rounded piece. At this point the
top is a perfect squared off piece of Mellonmine. Then I was looking
at the best way to attach this and two thoughts I had was some type of
glue or using a router which may be tricky with even the poor-man's
router I have to cut some slots and use a biscuit-type arrangement if
you will to hold things together.
Also, is there a document or something that anyone knows about that
might give me some general idea of what a bit will provide in terms of
shape? I know that's a tall order, but just trying to put some basic
shape idea to the various names.
Oh I did want to mention that I looked at a Ridgid router for $199
which comes with both a fixed and plunge base. A very nice router in
my opinion which counts for little as I've not owned nor used a router
enough to know the good, the bad, or the ugly. Point is it got some
good marks and seemed like a well put together machine with many nice
features for the price.

tnx
Scott Howell