  From: Robert Riddle
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:39 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] wheelchair ramp

  I need to build a small ramp from the ground up on to the porch. How do I
figure out the gradiant? Like the porch is 39 inches off the ground, how long
should the boards be? Ideally the ramp should be cement but I don't know how to
do that and it's frankly beyond our budget to have a pro do it. So I'm thinking
of building a simple 2 by6 over 2 by 4 ramp and bolting it to the underside of
the porch frame. Thoughts?