From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dale Leavens
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:30 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Wood Sharp WS3000

I have one and I love it. It works very easily for sharpening chisels with a
precise angle setting guide. You slide the chisel flat side down up a sort
of shoot and the bevel edge comes in contact with the spinning underside of
the disk. It will set 20, 25, 30 and 35 degree angles. You can grind a 30
degree face on a chisel then adjust to 35 and polish a micro bevel with the
really fine paper.

To sharpen something wider it is a sort of free-hand job made easier by a
guide bar you can fairly easily estimate the angle you need. Unless you have
a big chip to grind out it doesn't take long at all to get a really good
edge.

I would recommend that you pay the extra for the leather surfaced honing
disk so you can put a mirror finish on the edge.

I have ground some of the blades of my garden chipper but for that you
really want a grinder to remove enough material to remove the sorts of nicks
that will acquire and probably for grinding things like lawn mower blades.