Hello All,
    I joined this list several months ago and have just been lurking and
reading and learning. A lot of the things I don't know about personally and I
probably will never use, but I thought it would be good just to have a source
to go to when needing home repair questions answered. Well, I have a problem
and I need your counsel, please read this out and lend me your multitude of
counsel.

    First of all I'll try and explain my subject line. I live in a home that
was built in 1962. It was added on to at one end by closing in the car
port-/garage. Well that's another problem for another day. My immediate problem
is when it rains in massive quantities like for 2 or 3 days and I mean heavy
rain 10 inches or more in a 12 to 24 hour time frame the concrete foundation
gets wet and this is only in certain areas of the house that water soaks up
through ceramic tile. It's happened in the same places 3 times this year and
totally saturated my carpets that are on top of the tiling. The room that this
phenomenon is occurring in is my bedroom and it's only happening in two corners
those corners are on the outside of the house and they are on the same side.
The house is made of concrete block and brick and some wood siding.

    Sorry to belabor the description but the better I describe the better you
may be able to help me.

    I am a single mother of adult children who are scattered over different
parts of the world. My son is a United States Marine and is currently preparing
to go to Iraq so he can't really do anything.

    I've asked a few people and they're saying there may be a sealant that can
be painted on or poured on. Please help because I'm truly tired of calling for
help to move heavy furniture around and pulling up nasty stinky carpet and
padding and then running box fans directly through the carpet to get it to dry
to prevent it from mildew and mold. I had someone the last time to cut the
padding in sections and I ran the padding through the dryer. I didn't think of
that one someone else did. Please, please , lend me your wisdom, counsel and
advice. It took about 30 hours the last time to finally get things back
together.

Warm regards and much thanks in advance for any workable solutions.

Mycell Armington in Tallahassee Florida.