Victor your problem with jaws is a known issue and jaws. if you plug
any sound device in after the install of jaws. it will default to
that device for output. the trick there is if running xp set the
sound card in the jaws.ini file. For what ever sound card you want.
if running vista, just set it in the playback options as the default.
With lenny it could be loose plug ends. on board sound cards this can
happen very easy. Just by plugging and unplugging the cables or by
moving the cables around.
To reset on board sound chips. You will have to do some soldering,
and think it would be easier to just get a PCI sound card. They are
cheap now and will give you better sound even without using your ram
to do its work.

Tim
trouble
Verizon support tech