are you a smart handyman or handwoman and unplug all the  tools  that
you use  once done with them.  is your affairs in order  with supplies
should your power  go off. we have had off / on power  for the last few
days after the initial ice storm. today they are doing a big grid shut
down from about 9 to 1 according to the fire dispatcher.  so about 10
a.m.  I'll start up the generator and let her run. we put this to the
ultimate test this time and we found out with   a 5 gallon fuel tank we
can go nearly 13 hours whithout  shutting down... My question has been
before.  are  each of us  prepared as much as possible for power
outages?? oops. sorry you cannot run to the store the  crowds already
paniced so now what do do. I'll end this  for the moment by saying
thanks to this list I finally got smart and also  several months ago
bought a battery backup block.  Lee

--
Does someone from PEORIA have a SHORTER ATTENTION span than me?
Come and chat with me at #quietzone on irc.newnet.net