  From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]on Behalf Of Victor
  Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:09 PM
  To: Blind Handyman Listserv
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Garbage Disposal Question

  Hi Folks,

  I was told today, by a friend, that you should use cold water when running
a garbage disposal and not hot or warm water.

  Is this true or not, and if it is, why?

  I would think that the hot or warm water would soften anything that goes
down the drain and what not, and would actually loosen the gunk up so it
goes easier on the disposal.

  Is my logic flawed here?

  Thanks all.

  Victor