Hi Jerry,

I think Claudia is looking for something that will, not only play the files
off of her MP3 player, but also charge it up, if it has that capability.

Unfortunately, a large number of the cheaper MP3 players that use triple A
batteries, are battery hogs, and don't last too long on battery life, and so
you end up using tonnes of money just buying batteries for it.

I think what Claudia is looking for is the ability, if she's got an MP3
player that can be charged up, to play the files on the player, as well as
charge it while it's plugged in.

These are available, through Best Buy, Radio Shack/Circuit City, or Staples,
as I saw one for a friend the other day.

Also, in terms of getting the chargeable MP3 player, Creative Labs is having
a sale on a 4 gigabyte screen-less MP3 player, which charges up through your
USB port for only 25 dollars US.

It can be shipped anywhere to the 48 continental States for relatively
cheap, and it's very easy to use.

The added bonus is, That, unlike most MP3 players, this player actually
resumes playing from where it left off once you turn it off, a rarity, to be
sure.

In Canada, there is a drug store chain called Shopper's Drug Mart, and I
found a great little boom box with a CD player that plays normal audio CD's,
as well as Cd-R's and RW's, and MP3 Cd's, and, it's got a USB port that you
can connect your MP3 player to, and, if it's capable of it, charge it up,
while being able to play the files on it, assuming, of course, the files are
MP3 files, or WMA files.

The unit does not play OGG files.

In terms of price, this unit was bought for about 53 dollars Canadian, but
is not sold anywhere else, as this is a Shopper's Drug Mart brand, which is
unfortunate, but I would expect that similar products are out there just
waiting to be discovered.

I would definitely have a look around at the electronic shops in your area.

Just make sure you ask for a docking station that will charge up the MP3
player you have, as well as play the files on it.

Victor
Co-moderator
Blind Movie Buffs List
Guidedogs List