  From: Spiro
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 1:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Christmas radios

  I was looking for amplified antenna for this new digital TV era coming.
  I have a digital tuner, and a lightly amplified antenna. Phillips 2510/27
  seems to have the most 50db amplification.
  But in my searches, I found a motorola device that was just a line
  amplifier for incoming signal.
  Are they hard to instal, or primarily do they not also introduce noise?
  Does introducing that into the building of a great antenna add any
  benefit?

  On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, Ron Yearns wrote:

  > Well I haven't saw or tried the Crane so have no idea which is best. I did
have a chance yesterday to get on the roof and extend my long wire antenna on
across the roof and out to a ten foot mast in the corner of our fence so I
probably have a 100 foot of wire in the air. And for what it is worth it is
insulated number 12 copper. As an ex electrician I tend to have stuff like that
laying around.
  > Ron

this a excellant radio for normal commercial stations, it also has short wave
bands and aircraft bands which as soon as I get the shelf built to where I can
hook the external antenna and ground to it I expect excellant reception on
those freqquencies also. Not to say it doesn't do a good job on those now with
the internal whip antenna, I just haven't had the time to experiment a lot yet.
  > > Ron

the tree for me. Yes it apppears it is going to be a task to learn to operatee
it well I am already impressed. I had been listening to Carrolton, 100.7 FM and
only one radio in the house could get it . only upstairs and still had lots of
problem with intereference from a 101 FM station from Harrisonville. This
little jewel brings it in with no problem. And we hadn't even found the pull
out antenna yet. Also brings in the 1450 khz Warrensburg station with very
tgood clarity during the day. Now I can keep up with the local news from where
I moved from. It has a rotating loop antenna on top for the AM to help in the
turning. Good luck with yours.