Luckilly I don't have to fix this:
About 20 years ago my landlord had the roof of our duplex redone by a cousin
who wa supposed to be a contractor.

Turned out they installed the gutters wrong so all the water ran up under the
shingles. so they cut off the roof back to the
edge of the wall and re-did it.  But they didn't put metal flashing under
the shingles.  So now, all the felt and the plywood, and
probably even the rafters are rotting out, and water is leaking down through
the walls and into several windows.

Luckilly none of the leaks is doing much damage to our stuff, just to the walls
above with windows.

So they have a real mess on there hands, hopefully the fix
won't cause us to have to move out much stuff.

And all cause somebody didn't want to pay for a few strips of cheap galvinized
sheet metal.

Oh well the rent is cheap, hope it stays that way  after this mess.

Tom