I doubt that remote codes can be changed as it would cause
horrendous service problems when people's new TVs didn't see
the new remote cause someone at the store messed it up.

We are planning to get a second DTV converter  so Sue can record one program
and watch another, and we'll have
to get a different brand from our current unit just for that reason, so
that two remotes won't work two boxes at the same time.

If the rest home provided the TVs, it should be
there problem to provide two different brands in each room.

I wouldn't be surprised if some manufacturers make TVs with that capability
for just that situation, but I doub the average boob tube can do it.

Tom Fowle