hey Tom, thanks and depending upon the soldering, I might be up for
the task. I do pretty well with soldering cables together. NEver could
quite get the hang of soldering wire to those small pins you find on
boards and such.
You might just have a point and I'll have to try a few things I guess,
but the transformer sounds interesting.