I've seen shutoff valves on tups of the old above floor "claw foot" type where
the pipes actually come up from the floor and go to taps mounted on the tub.
Also vary rarely  I've seen shutoffs on the wall below the regular faucets.
But I think the problem in usual installations is where
to put the shut offs so they don't look messy.  In our bathroom, for example
typical U.S. frame construction from the 1960s, in back of the tub is the
closet with the water heater.  So the shut offs would be behind the heater
tahk, and there is no room to get back there
at them.  Otherwise they'd have to be in the crawl space and I've
not been down there and have no desire to go! <GRIN>

Few years back, I nearly moved in to a mobile home that had
not a single shutoff anywhere.  I'd have fixed that quick.

Tom Fowle