Hey folks,

I know we have some hams on the list, and some amateur radio guys as well.
*GRIN*  I am going to put up a TV antenna and ditch my cable.  So, some
questions.

Should I put the antenna on my chimney, on top of my chimney, on the peak
of the house, or just on the eve of the house as long as it is pointing in
the correct direction.

About grounding it.  If I put it on the chimney, can I run the ground wire
down the inside of the chimney, then connect it to the main ground wire
for the house?  Oh yeah, the chimney isn't used for exhausting anything
anymore.

If that is not a good idea, can I still run it down the inside of the
chimney then out through the side of the chimney and attach it to a ground
stake?

OK, now for the rant part.  You knew it was coming.

With digital TV, as long as you have a pretty good signal, you either have
a picture or you don't.  There is no poor image, snowy image, or anything
like that.

Secondly, all of the transmitters in the area are in the same basic
direction from me, I live on a high hill with clear line of site toward
the transmitters.

Most of the local stations are now broadcasting multiple channels using
their HD sub channels.

With a laptop connected to my TV, I can stream on demand TV from hulu and
directly from the network sites.  I can also stream from NetFlicks.

So I just don't see a reason to pay for cable anymore.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi