From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Patrick Sturdivant
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2009 12:28 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Router Question

I have a router that I am having a problem with and was wondering if someone
could offer some beginner information on the proper use of it when you can't
see.

It is a Skill 1/2 inch hand held router. Here is my main problem. Got a
1/2 inch diameter round over bit and I can't figure out how to install it in
the Colet. Used the little lever to lock the shaft down from spinning while
I loosened the big nut. Got the nut off and found the Colet. I set the
shaft of the bit on the Colet but the Colet is a fraction too small or the
shaft of the bit is a fraction too big.

So what am I missing? I presume a rubber mallet used with some
encouragement on the router bit to install into the Colet isn't a good idea.

Any help is appreciated.

If there was a Blind Handyman show that had a segment on the use of a router
I would appreciate knowing what the show number is. If a show hasn't been
done on using a hand held router I would like to suggest this might be a
good opportunity to help those blind handymen who like to use this type of
tool.

Thanks

Patrick